Scope and General Purpose of Job
Under the direction of Restaurant Manager /in-charge to assists and participates in the running of an efficient and profitable restaurants and banquets operation and is flexible in all outlets and shifts.
All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
Essential Job Functions
- Reports for duty by the scheduled time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- Greets and seats guests, and ensures that they receive prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Attends the F&B daily briefing session.
- Gathers reservations and allocates tables, making sure of proper distribution and scheduling of guests arrival.
- Ensures that the reservation booked is properly kept.
- Responsible for cashiering for the restaurant; opening and closing of the cashiering shift; and maintains bills.
- Demonstrates pride in the workplace and a high level of commitment.
- Anticipates guests’ needs whenever possible and react to these to enhance guests’ satisfaction.
- To minimize operating costs by using all equipment and products in accordance with company or manufacturer guidelines.
- Assists in managing all activities of the restaurant.
- Reports all maintenance requirements and hazards in the workplace.
- Ensures that restaurant premises, FF&E, silver, glass, porcelain etc… are clean and in good working order.
- Checks regularly to ensure guests receive efficient, knowledgeable and courteous services and high quality Products.
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by communicating guest specifications to the kitchen.
- Prepares daily/weekly requisitions forms for general store as well as food and beverage supplies when required.
- To fill in breakage report for utensils and crockery for chief stewards record.
- Adhering to work in other restaurants/outlets whenever required.
- To organize and checks that service side stations are fully stocked at the commencement of service; and replenishes, maintains and kept clean and tidy & orderly throughout service.
- Works pro-actively to minimize guest complaints.
- Informs guests and associates of applicable hotel rules and limitations within policies and guidelines related to F&B Service
- Follows-up with guests to determine satisfaction measures the results and suggests strategies to Department Head to improve the Quality of the guests’ experience.
- Checks the restaurant reservations, hotel arrival lists, and VIP list to ensure that awareness of VIP guests, and use the guest name when appropriate.
- Performs all daily tasks to a consistent high standard in line with both departmental standards and outlet’s SOP.
Laws, Regulations & Policies
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws.
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines Associate Relations.
- Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel.
Health & Safety
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders.
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Experience: Preferably 2 years experience in an F&B Outlet with at least one year in a hotel environment. Ability to speak in Arabic would be an asset.
Job: Food & Beverage
Primary Location: Ramada Hotel & Suites Amwaj Islands Manama Bahrain
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WHG – Intl Hotel Management
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Offerd Salaryup to BD 250
Career Entry Level
Experience1 to 3 Years