Job Location: Shaikh Isa, Bahrain
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Manage and tune in-house computer systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
On-site contractor technical support shall include system administration, technical guidance, software installation, software configuration, and system troubleshooting on the following systems:
- Joint Global Command and Control System (GCCS-J) 4.x,
- VMWare ESX 3.0 and 4.0,
- Windows 2000 & 2003, and XP,
- Windows Exchange,
- Network Area Storage,
- Symantec Backup Exec,
- McAffee E-Policy Orchestrator,
- Microsoft Software Update Service,
- Altiris Deployment Solutions,
- Red Hat Advance Server,
- Microsoft Internet Information Service,
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007,
- Xerox DocuShare,
- Solarwinds Engineer’s Tool Set,
- Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager/Cisco Security Manager,
- Containerized Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (C-JWICS),
- DJC2 Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System (JDISS) Clients, the DODIIS client for C-JWICS & GCCS Client Software Baseloads NOTE: Maintenance of DJC2 interfaces with these systems requires a TOP SECRET/ Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance,
- Internet Protocol Convergence Suite [Cisco Unified Communications(CallManager)—Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)] and
- Other C4I systems interfacing with the above systems, such as Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS), Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC), Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS), etc. While the DJC2 office does not field these “other systems,” the contractor may be tasked to support DJC2 interfaces with these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and tune in-house computer systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications
- Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Install, configure, monitor, administer and maintain servers, printers, scanners and applications
- Manage communications and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, and Internet applications
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring backup jobs, analyzing and correcting issues as identified, regularly reporting critical data metrics and issues to management and proactively maintaining the health and safety of the storage solutions
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Perform server and security audits
- Analyze system, server, application, and network performance
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycle
- Manage scalability, availability, and performance of servers
- Configure logical unit numbers (LUN) to optimize system performance, backup and restore operations, and to maximize cost-effective utilization of resources
- Install patches and upgrades to server hardware, firmware, and/or software
- Manage system integration testing, load, testing, stress testing, and user acceptance testing processes
- Responsible for physical storage media management (i.e. extending file systems, storage on demand, server disk drives, tape backup devices, etc.)
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Responsible for proactively managing network performance by analyzing and correcting issues as identified, and regularly reporting critical metrics and issues to management
- Aid in the development and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables
- Coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
- Develop project plans, provide direction and coordinate project activities associated with the installation, evaluation, implementation, and maintenance of business solutions and when required, manage a small project team to implement chosen solutions that require Information Technology expertise
- Review and monitor the progress of projects to ensure accuracy and timeliness and provide periodic reports to management
- Provide functional direction and technical expertise to less experienced personnel
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues
- Provide service desk and technical support to users
- Devise solutions to system-related problems and issues through coordination with users, other system analysts or engineers to assess and identify probable conflicts and investigate diverse data elements and sources
- Work with management to define appropriate standards, policies, procedures, software tool sets, and supporting peripherals to facilitate the management, accountability, functionality, and security of systems
- Provide ongoing trend analysis for determining current needs and future resource requirements
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Systems Administrators will perform the following tasks:
- Computer systems operations on Local Area Networks to include support for client and server hardware, software administration and management of user accounts.
- Provide Information Systems life-cycle management.
- Provide network services including configuring, installing, and managing data services at the software operating systems level, Domain Name System, Network Directory, Host Based Security Systems, and messaging services.
- Perform failure analysis, recovery, and data backups.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance activities, provide inputs to weekly and monthly status reports, input trouble tickets and track ticket status to resolution, assist with the implementation of Field Change Notices (FCNs), system patching and upgrades, and technology insertion/technology refresh.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- 8+ years and Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Industrial Technology, Computer Sciences, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Three years of progressively more responsible experience in systems administration
- Experience with principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of IT and business systems
- Experience in current principles and practices systems administration
- Experience with selection, planning and implementation for new IT and business systems
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management, other IT professionals and end-users
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
- Three years of experience in system administration, setup and sustainment support of deployable C2 programs such as DJC2 or other deployable programs of a similar level of scope.
- Meet DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification.
- Security clearance eligible for TS/SCI
- Possesses following training and certifications or equivalent: CompTIA Security+, MCSE, MCSA.
Offerd SalaryBD 501 - 1000
Experience6 to 10 Years