The Steward Supervisor is responsible for the operations of the stewarding department during the afternoon and evening shifts to ensure proper washing of kitchen utensil sanitation. He/she is also responsible for supervising the stewarding department and ensuring that all outlet surfaces and utensils are clean and in compliance with all Health Department requirements and hotel guidelines.
- Supervise activities of evening stewards, pot washers, and night stewards to ensure proper utensil sanitation and storage.
- Comply and assure compliance with all safety standards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Check banquet hallway, loading dock, and receiving area for cleanliness.
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen, storerooms, hallways, dock, and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster, and utility work areas.
- Keep management informed of a shortage of equipment and supplies.
- Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
- Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
- Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Follow all sanitation standards.
- Prepare route sheets for the day.
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department an asset
- Previous supervisory experience a strong asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of health and safety laws with proven track record including health and safety initiatives
- Available for shift work including weekends and holidays.
Job: Food & Beverage
Primary Location: Bahrain Manama
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WHG – Intl Hotel Management
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
Offerd Salaryup to BD 250
Career Entry Level
Experience1 to 3 Years