Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery. An immediate opportunity exists, within our Mining and Metals business unit to be part of the ALBA Potline 6 Project in Manama, Bahrain.
The Board of Directors of Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C (ALBA) has directed the ALBA Management Team to implement the construction of Potline 6 (the “Project”) and all other necessary facilities to produce an additional 540,000 tonnes per year (tpy) (nominal) of production capacity. The Project will include key facilities such as: Green Anode Production, Anode Bake, Anode Rodding, Reduction & Reduction Services, Casthouse and all associated infrastructure and sub facilities.
The Project Leadership Team will be based in Manama, Bahrain, supported by the New Delhi Execution Unit.
Formation and administration of moderate to large complex contracts. Administers the request for quotation, contract formation, execution, change management, payment, and provides management reports of all commercial or technical difficulties. Manages weekly status review, contract deliverables and processes invoice approvals. Negotiates with contractors and customers to obtain settlement of change orders and amendments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration.
2. Execute the contract formation process; prequalifying bidders, developing bidder lists, issuing request for quotations, clarifying proposal, negotiating terms and conditions, negotiating pricing, preparing bid evaluations and recommendations to award and preparing contract documents in coordination with the appropriate functions.
3. Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
4. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other contract execution matters.
5. Administers contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
6. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Shaping tomorrow together
Offerd SalaryBD 251 - 500
Career Middle Level
Experience1 to 3 Years