The Regional Manager is appointed to act in a leadership capacity and to supervise and oversee multi-site maintenance activities. The individual is the primary point of contact for a specific region for the Government,
Headquarters, Lead Mechanic and Site personnel.
The Regional Manager is required to possess technical expertise on the aircraft, and the ability to supervise site operations; have sufficient management talent to interpret and coordinate the various contacts with appropriate Government Representatives; and possess in-depth knowledge of L-3 Vertex Aerospace Policies and Procedures.
The Regional Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager assigned to Madison, MS.
Reference must be made to the “Regional Manager” Job Description. The Regional Manager must meet the specifications, duties and knowledge of a Lead Mechanic as well as those listed below.
In addition to being capable of accomplishing the duties required of a “Lead Mechanic,” the individual shall also perform the following:
• Ensure compliance with all L-3 Vertex Aerospace contractual obligations throughout the assigned region, by periodically visiting and through the surveillance of site operations via the Management Information System (MIS).
• Provides technical assistance and direction to technicians assigned to the region as required.
• Coordinates movement of the Quality Technician, Avionics Technician, and Technical Support personnel.
• Coordinates manpower augmentation within the region to compensate for vacation, sick leave, termination and to adjust to surge flying requirements or heavy maintenance.
• Evaluates the performance of site Lead Mechanic and site Supervisors within the region and provides guidance to them in their evaluation of employees on the sites.• Conducts employment interviews and employee termination when required.
• Inspects aircraft throughout the region to ensure that high standards of craftsmanship are exhibited and FAA Regulations and customer requirements are met.
• Serve as a point of contact (POC) with the On-Site Government Representative within the assigned region.
• Administers the assigned operating fund.
• Advise the Program Management staff promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
• Ensure L-3 Vertex ethics polices and standards are being adhered.
In addition to meeting all the requirements of an “Aircraft Mechanic,” the following is required:
• Must have a minimum of seven (7) years recent hands on powerplant and airframe experience.
• Must have a minimum of three (5) years of King Air/C-12 hands-on experience.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the logistics support contract and its variations for service specific items.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with L-3 Vertex employees and Government personnel.
• Must qualify for and obtain a DOD “Secret” security clearance and Passport (if requested) to support contractual obligations.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures to include all administrative requirements of the company and the customer.
• Must be able to travel 25-50% of the time.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs. routinely and 50 lbs. on occasion.
• Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature,
less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 25% of the candidates’ time and approximately 75% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
Offerd SalaryBD 501 - 1000
Career Middle Level
Experience6 to 10 Years
Related Jobs (10)
Infrastructure CSA Field Engineer Job in Manama, Bahrain on October 11, 2017 Full Time