Scope and General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests and offering them a beverage, answering phones, handling inquiries. The Front Office Assistant, reporting to the Front Office Supervisor / Duty Manager primarily focuses on ensuring all check in and check out procedures are carried out efficiently. The candidate is also able to handle the Executive Lounge.
The Job incumbent works in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations to achieve excellent day-to-day operational performance which reinforces the company’s values and builds its long-term capacity.
· Ensures incoming guests are given the highest possible personal service.
· Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
· Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival till departure.
· Greets guests on their arrival ensuring they feel expected and welcomed.
· Ensures the guest receives the accommodation he/she is expecting.
· Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel and local services and supply information respond to guest queries.
· Deals swiftly, efficiently and sensitively to guest complaints and follows through.
· Maintains awareness of guest profile through the Opera guest history.
· Using computerized Front Office systems, process accounts from check-in through to check-out, ensuring accurate posting of food and beverage and ancillary charges.
· Receives payments by cash, cheque, credit card or account, adhering to the company Credit Policy at all times.
· Accurately administers Front Desk Clerical systems and procedures.
· Provides currency exchange services.
· Balances accounts of day’s business at end of the shift.
· Comply with all laid down systems and procedures.
· Records all instances of refused business, with reasons of refusal.
· Ensures that all bills closed on shift are checked and are closed correctly to the required standard and policy.
· To regularly check the reception is organized and operating an efficient standard and checklists are completed and forwarded to supervisors.
· Promotes the hotels outlets and special events at all times.
· Maintains an awareness of competitor’s rates and occupancy levels.
· Maintains an awareness of rates levels to be sold on a daily basis and occupancy levels.
· To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
· To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
· To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
· To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
· To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
· To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
· To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
· To assist the Front Office Supervisor / Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
· To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
Laws, Regulations & policies:
· Ensure compliance with business operations laws
· Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
· Adhere closely all applicable rules of safety in the workplace as well as all statutory laws of the country and Local municipality laws.
· Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, with concerned Departments.
Health & Safety:
· Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
· Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
· Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
· Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities
· Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
· Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms, and appearance.
· Attends meetings and training required by the Department Head / Management.
· Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
· Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders
· Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
· Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business standards
Offerd Salaryup to BD 250
Career Entry Level
Experience1 to 3 Years