The incumbent will be responsible to conduct quality and control tests for Credit MCA and Quality Assurance Forum (QAF) including key tests in Credit Initiation and Collections area. Responsibility will include timely and accurate submission of control tests, defining and implementing the most effective and efficient control checks which help in management of operational risk. The other responsibility of this role is Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) reporting which includes uploading the data to CRB, rectification of errors encountered during the upload, reconciliation and handling of any associated data correction requests received from customers. This role will involve regular interaction with other departments mainly Credit Operations team in order to discuss issues noted and providing feedback.
The Credit Bureau Reporting and Risk QC Officer will manage testing and submission of MCA and QAF for Bahrain and will also be fully responsible from credit bureau reporting process.
The incumbent will be part of the Bahrain Credit Risk Team and will conduct tests and maintain audit records of all key tests and also provide efficient and timely feedback which will assist in introducing efficiencies and re-engineering of processes which will help towards achievement of business target without compromising on controls. In addition, s/he will be fully responsible from Credit Bureau Reporting process.
• Quality Assurance Framework: Conduct monthly, quarterly and semi-annual / annual tests, update results in Citi Risk system in a timely manner. Conduct Root Cause analysis (RCA) for any test rated below the minimum threshold.
• Credit MCA : Conduct monthly, quarterly and semi-annual / annual tests, update results in Citi Risk system in a timely manner. Key finding have to be highlighted to Management for timely resolution and action.
• Identify new opportunities by constantly reevaluating old credit policies and processes. Design and execute effective tests that will cover key operational Risk and maintain a status of audit preparedness at all times.
• Ensure Target Market Database is updated properly and on a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with the standard credit reporting file format and required customer information submitted to CRB
• Ensure timely and accurate data reporting to CRB system on a daily and monthly basis; rectify errors encountered during the upload.
• Investigate and respond accurately to credit disputes initiated by consumers regarding credit bureau reporting and handle of any associated data correction requests
• Participate in technology-related project requests related to credit bureau reporting changes to ensure continued compliance with changing requirements.
• Citibank Bahrain offers a unique opportunity to work within Credit Risk Unit which is a part of ME Risk Team. The incumbent will gain experience in quality controls of the implementation of Citi policies and procedures. She or he will also have the opportunity to carry dual responsibility in both controls and credit bureau reporting.
• Opportunity to work in multicultural diverse environment
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 5 years’ experience in credit operations or consumer risk management with MCA / QAF experience
• Strong understanding of risk management and business strategies/actions as well as credit bureau data.
• Ability to develop and perform analysis that addresses concerns and issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to manage self and projects effectively in a high pressure organization with multiple deadlines.
• Excellent ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas.
• Bachelor degree
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Should be able to articulate thoughts well and in a summarized way highlighting key points
• Strong quantitative and analytic skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to handle and execute on projects in a fast paced environment with limited supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence across teams.
• Displays flexibility to work well with varying personal styles.
• Develops strong working relationships that foster cooperation and respect
• Strong integrity and commitment and an open and fair approach
• Ability to maintain records and audit trails for tests conducted
• Incorporate overall controls and process experience into logical decision making which will help in addressing key risks at the right time.
• Develop, validate evidences and evaluate its effectiveness. Understand the impact on policy decisions or directions on risk.
• Sense of ownership and entrepreneurship in managing day to day business as well as establish and manage towards medium long term objectives.
• Independent approach and have a ‘no fear’ approach when it comes to escalating issues.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Offerd SalaryBD 501 - 1000
Career Middle Level
Experience4 to 5 Years